Thank you all for the support in the development of the Future Champions Golf program since our start in Fall of 2003. It has been an incredible journey so far and we look forward to the future and where FCG is heading as the global leader in junior golf competitions. FCG aims to continue to develop the programs necessary to successfully help players develop in the most healthy way. We are very proud of the continued growth of the FCG World Series program and we look forward to the enhancements that are coming in 2018 to this platform.
- FCG International Championship expanding from 600 players to 750 players in 2018
- FCG Callaway World Championship expanding from 500 players to 700 players in 2018
- FCG National Championship expanding from 500 players to 700 players in 2018
- Over 3,000 Tournament Players now competing in College
- Over 100 Students from FCG Academy have received a College Golf Scholarship or spot on a team
- Several players have gone on to compete on the PGA and LPGA Tours (See Featured Alumni Here)
- Aaron Wise – PGA Tour and NCAA Champion
- Ariya Jutanugarn – LPGA Tour and Major Champion
- Xander Schauffele – PGA Tour 2-Time Champion and Rookie of the Year 2017
- Beau Hossler – PGA Tour
- Moriya Jutanugarn – LPGA Tour
- Michael Kim – PGA Tour
- Sean Crocker – European Tour
- Angel Yin – LPGA Tour
- Allison Lee – LPGA Tour
- We are happy to create the experiences that fuel kids passion for the game. Our World Series events are built around creating a family experience that all will remember for years to come.
***If we haven’t become your FAVORITE junior golf program… PLEASE tell us why or what we can do better! Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fall 2003 – Chris Smeal decides to start a junior golf program called Future Champions Golf
- January 2004 – FCG is launched and is an instruction only program at Stadium Golf Center featuring Private Lessons, Daily Group Classes, Schools, and some 9-hole fun competitions at Par 3 courses in San Diego.
- Fall 2007 – Chris gets frustrated with other options for Tournaments due to cost an experience and decides to start “Future Champions Golf Tour”. Chris asks Antrone Williams if he would be interested in running tournaments on weekends and a 12 event series is born.
- December 2007 – Callaway Golf becomes sponsor of the FCG Junior Golf Tour
- December 2008 – FCG hosts the Inaugural San Diego Junior Amateur attracting 200 players from the Western USA. Chris Williams wins the Boys 15-18 Division and the rises to become the #1 Amateur Golfer in the World.
- February 2009 – FCG decides to host its own “World Championship” event and is contested on President’s Weekend in February and over 200 kids participate in this special event at Doubletree Resort.
- Spring 2013 – Chris Smeal receives letter from Augusta National and the Masters asking us to change the name of our annual featured event called the San Diego Junior Masters. After extensive review FCG changes the tournament name to the FCG International Junior Golf Championship.
- 2015 – FCG International Junior Golf Championship is televised on Fox Sports on the Emmy Winning Show – Playing Through with John Weisbarth in 86 Million US Homes. – Watch Trailer
- 2015 – FCG introduces the Top 25 Elite Junior Golf Coaches in USA Award recognizing the best of the best in Elite Junior Golf Coaching.
- January 2016 – FCG launches the first ever FCG World Putting Championship and has qualifying events across the USA and Internationally with the final event at the FCG International in July. Over 400 junior golfers compete in the Inaugural Event.
- 2016 – FCG renames the San Diego Junior Amateur as the FCG National Championship to better reflect the size and scale of the event. This event now has grown to annually host a sold out 550 players ages 5-18 during winter break. The event is held at several Championship courses in San Diego, CA
- July 2017 – FCG hosts 500 Player from 35 Country event called the FCG Callaway World Championship at Westin Mission Hills featuring play on 6 Championship Golf Courses.
- November 2017 – FCG launches FCG Recruit system to better connect players and college coaches. Here is the platform.
- December 2017 – FCG has best year to date hosting 110 Junior Golf Tournaments for all ages of junior golfers. Over 7500 tournament registrations in 2017.
- January 2018 – FCG teams up with Friends of Jaclyn Foundation to help support kids with pediatric brain tumors and childhood cancers.
- February 2018 – FCG finalizes Advisory Board to assist the FCG Staff for future growth of the program. Meet the Advisory Board
Read about what makes us different at FCG: Hard working, good people trying to make a difference in our community and now globally through junior golf events. Our passion, expertise, and attention to detail, read more.
What is an FCG World Series Event like now?
Click here to read more about the history of Future Champions Golf