Bella Villarin (2024)
Junior at Coronado High School interested in Communications, Business, or a career in the golfing industry. Loves
learning through first hand experiences and the mentoring of others. Enjoys traveling and playing new golf
courses. Former military brat who has lived in Japan, Virginia, Singapore, and now California. Excited for a new
chapter of life filled with competitive golf, lifelong connections, and challenges to overcome.
Pro Kids! The First Tee of San Diego – Level 5 Member & Volunteer
August 2015 – Present
● One of eight hand selected golfers to travel to Monterey CA to represent Pro Kids’ values amongst
highly-regarded individuals of the golfing industry. Played at Cypress Point Club among other golf courses.
● Assisted head coaches with junior group golf lessons serving the underprivileged while increasing student
enjoyment for the game of golf.
● Participated in end of the month tournaments, First Tee Chapter Cup Challenges, and Home and Home
events, representing the 18 core values and interacting with sponsors and donors to the program.
The Coronado Times – Staff Intern & Writer
August 2020 – Present
● Planned, drafted, edited, and published nearly 200 articles covering high school varsity golf, education, the
local Coronado community, and personal experiences.
● Collated weekly crime reports from the Coronado Police Department for publication.
● Published local community events on the calendar.
Youth Golf Alliance – Coronado High School Ambassador
September 2021 – Present
● Hosted free monthly golf clinics with 41 local schools to serve youth at Del Mar Golf Stadium.
● Provided putting and full swing instruction to children of all abilities.
Days for Girls – President
December 2021 – Present
● Chaired weekly meetings to make reusable feminine hygiene products for women and girls in
underprivileged countries who are unable to attend school during their menstrual cycle.
ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES AWARDS & RECOGNITION
● Youth Leader, Sacred Heart Church
● Member, National Honors Society
● Enrolled in UC San Diego Level 7 Part 2
● Islander Sports Foundation Award (2021 & 2022)
● Freshman Golfer of the Year (2021)