For the 4th straight year our FCG Founder receives recognition as one of the Best Teachers in the State of California by Golf Digest Magazine.
2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 Golf Range Top 50 Growth of the Game Instructors
2013 SDPGA Junior Golf Leader
2017, 2016, 2015, 2013 Golf Digest Best Teachers in California
2011 SCPGA Junior Golf Leader
– Very Passionate About Growing the Game through Instruction and Jr Golf
– Born and raised in San Diego,CA
– Currently Teaching Full – Time at Stadium Golf Center and Founder of FCG
– Former SDSU Aztec Player 1997-2000
– Took up Golf Summer before Sophomore Year in High School after playing baseball for 10 years.
– After Grauduating from SDSU Chris joined the PGA PGM Program and earned PGA Membership in January 2005.
– Chris found a love for teaching after running the Group Instruction program at Stadium Golf Center. From that sparked a passion to help kids learn the game and has quickly become one of the most well known instructors for young golfers and has had great success with people of all ages.
– Founded the Future Chamions Golf program January 2004
Started Teaching in 2001 at Stadium Golf Center. I began my teaching career utilizing all that I learned from my previous teaching professionals who helped me develop my own game. Since then I have sought out other instructors to keep improving my knowledge to better help my students. I have gone to numerous teaching seminars, golf schools, and have taken lessons from Top 100 Golf Instructors that I have learned a great deal about the game from. These include: Butch Harmon, Carl Welty, Ben Doyle, Jim Flick, Charles Sorell, and others…I continue to read new books and articles, watch video of current and former players and how they played the game. I talk to players who are succeeding at every level and ask what they feel has helped them improve to their new level of success.
Recent Playing History
2011 Oakley Southern California Invitational Champion – 71 (defended title)
2011 SCPGA Newport Beach CC Champion – 71
2011 SDPGA Pauma Valley Pro Champion – 69
2011 Participant in the Inaugural Oakley Skull Cup
2010 Oakley Southern California Pro Am Champion – 69 at Industry Hills
2010 Pro-Pro Champion at Rancho Bernardo Country Club
2010 Pro -Pro Runner Up at Vista Valley Country Club
2009 US Oen Local Qualifier at San Diego Country Club – 72
Past Playing History
Started playing competitive golf at age 15 and was a scratch golfer by 17
Varsity Golf for 3 Years at Rancho Bernardo High School
2nd Place in CIF and 4th Place in So Cal Regionals in Senior Year
Quailified for the 1997 California State Amateur at Pebble Beach and Spyglass
Won 10 Mini-Tour Amateur Events in 1997 including a span of 4 in a row
Played Junior Golf with PGA Tour Players John Mallinger, Charley Hoffman
Played College Golf with PGA Tour Winner – Scott Piercy
Course Record 63 at Carmel Montain Ranch GC
Played on the 2008 Century Club Team
Awards and Recognition
2004 SDPGA Apprentice of the Year
2005 SDPGA Junior Golf Leader
2004 – 2009 recognized as one of the Top 50 Kids Teachers in America
2008-2010 Nominated for SCPGA Junior Golf Leader
2009 Named Top 50 Master US Kids Golf Instructor
2011 Southern California PGA Junior Golf Leader