Ron Riess, Head Rules Official
Ron Riess has focused his efforts on Rules and Competitions for FCG since the start of tournaments in 2007. He is passionate about helping junior golfers play the game better and to learn the rules.
Ron played minor league baseball, served in the Navy, worked for the Marine Corp Exchange and started playing golf at the age of 36. Ron turned pro at 38 and taught golf at the MCRD range and Stardust Country Club. He qualified for the LA open in 1986.
– CADDIEMASTER SAN DIEGO OPEN FOR OVER 30 YEARS
– 1995 SENIOR CLUB PRO CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIER
– 1996 TOURNAMENT PLAYERS TOUR SENIOR CHAMP
– 1999 US NATIONAL SENIOR OPEN CHAMPION
– 2000 BUICK OPEN SENIOR LONG DR. CHAMP. 292 YARDS
– 2001 SENIOR CHAPTER PLAYER OF THE YEAR
– 2001 CHAMP 60 AND OVER DIVISION CPC QUALIFIER
– 2003 SENIOR MATCH PLAY CHAMP
– 2006 SENIOR PLAYER OF THE YEAR
– 2006 SUPER SENIOR OF OF THE YEAR
– Card holding member of the Southern Cal. Rules committee.
– Rules Official For: Section and Chapter Event, FCG, PGA Tour Qualifiers, PGA Tour School 1st Stage, Can. Tour School 1st Stage.