Mental Performance Coaching by Rick Sessinghaus, Psy.D
The goal of a strong mental game is to be fully committed to each shot. This includes being focused on what is relevant, confident you can execute the shot, and your body is relaxed to be able to execute the shot. Mental skills can be developed and bring more enjoyment to your game as you lower your scores.
Unfortunately, many juniors experience doubt, distractions, frustration on the course which gets in the way of their performance. Every golfer knows the mental skills are important, however very few train these skills. To perform at your best, you need to train your mindset just like you do your swing.
Mental Performance Coaching Skills include:
- Motivation- why you play golf
- Goal Setting- designing what you want to achieve
- Practice Plan- executing how you will move towards your goals
- Tournament Preparation- being at your best when it matters most
- Focus- the ability to pay attention to what is relevant during a shot
- Confidence- the belief you can properly execute the present shot
- Emotional Control- managing thoughts and reactions to keep the body relaxed and calm
- Mental Toughness- the ability to bounce back after adversity
Mental Performance Coaching utilizes developing:
- Pre-shot routine
- Post-shot routine
- Breathing to minimize anxiety
- Reframing self-talk
- Course strategy through proper practice rounds
- Pre-round routines
Rick Sessinghaus will create training plans utilizing worksheets, a copy of his book Golf: The Ultimate Mind Game, and video to customize toward achievement of your goals. It starts with a mental game assessment which identifies the strengths and areas of improvement. Take your game to the next level today and sign up for a mental performance coaching session today.
Dr. Rick Sessinghaus- Mental Performance Coach
Rick is the expert on the mindset principles that make or break performance on and off the course. His coaching has helped top junior, collegiate, and professional golfers reach new levels of performance. Rick has also provided seminars and consulting to college teams. Rick’s coaching philosophy revolves around his PERFORM performance system.
As a former professional golfer, Rick has now found more satisfaction helping others achieve their dreams than he did in his own competitive career. Long intrigued by the fact that physical skills were rarely the determining factor in athletic success, he studied the mental and emotional skills that make or break a performance. Adding to his Bachelor’s Degree in Speech Communications, Rick received his Masters and Doctorate Degree in Applied Sports Psychology. As he continues to enrich the quality of people’s lives through his proven performance enhancement system, Rick is constantly researching the latest scientific findings pertinent to achievement in golf, business, and life.
EDUCATION | HONORS | CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Master Trainer of NLP (Neuro-Linguistic)
- Mental Performance Consultant for UCLA Men’s Golf Team
- Mental Game Certified Professional
- Mind Factor Certified
- Member of the PGA (PGA of America)
- 2008 Southern California PGA Metro Teacher of the Year
- Golf Tips Magazine Top 25 Instructors in America
- Certified Practitioner of Athlete Assessments’ DISC Profile
- Certified Human Potential Coach
- One on One via video conferencing
- One on One coaching in person at course in Glendale, CA
- Webinar group seminars
Rick Sessinghaus Psy.D
Rick’s Video Library of FCG Videos