Players Full Name: Caylyn Jenner Ponich
Graduation Year: 2020
High School you attend: Kaysville Junior High 9th / Davis High School 10-12th
Players Height: 5’ 3”
Players Weight: 105
Country you live in: USA
I am 14 years old, starting my Freshman year of high school and have been playing golf since I was 5 years old. I would love to play collegiate golf and compete for an NCAA Division I Title. I believe that playing golf at the collegiate level will not only help me to obtain my academic goals but help me achieve my dream of playing on the LPGA tour. I believe it is important to set goals and work hard to obtain them.
I am a team leader and always lead by example. I am very coachable and willing to go above and beyond what it takes to play golf at the collegiate level. I am motivated, self-disciplined and always have a positive attitude on and off the golf course. I am confident that any collegiate golf coach will be happy to have me represent them, their university and their team.
I also love singing and dancing. I have studied ballet, jazz, hip-hop and lyrical dance since I was three years old. I was member of the Senior Xite Competition Dance Team at Davis Dance Academy until June 2015. I am currently taking ballet and lyrical dance and have stopped dance competitions because of the conflicts with my golf tournament schedule.
I am an excellent student with a 3.8 GPA. I love creative writing, reading and art. I am an A Honor Roll student and a member of the National Junior Honor Society. I previously attended Utah Virtual Academy for three years prior to 8th grade, which allowed me to participate in many regional and national golf tournaments throughout the United States. I am currently enrolled at Kaysville Junior High School as an 9th grader and enjoying the opportunities that I did not have with the online school program. This year I will try out for the Davis High School Girls Golf Team and hope to play the lead spot on the Varsity Team as a Freshman. My goal is to win a 5A State High School Championship.
I will continue to work on my golf game and maintaining my 3.8 GPA. I know these two things are very important if I want to play golf at the collegiate level. At this point I have not decided what I want to study in college but I know that I want to continue to make my parents proud of my academic and athletic accomplishments.
Tournament Resume: (List up to your Ten Best Tournaments within the past two years)
- 2016 UJGA Girls 13-14 Player of the Year
- 2016 UJGA Border War Team
- 2016 UJGA Mary Cave Cup – Team Utah (Team Finish 8th – Individual Finish 9th)
- 2016 USKG Teen World Championships – Finish T16 (Girls 14)
- 2016 UJGA Utah Junior Open Champion – Girls 13-14
- 2016 UJGA Mountainland Junior Champion – Girls 13-14
- 2016 UJGA Optimist Junior Champion – Girls 13-14
- UT PGA Junior – Champion Girls 13-15
- UT Junior Amateur Match Play Championship – Girls 13-14 Runner-Up
- 2016 Jay Don Blake Junior – Champion Girls 13-14
Upcoming Tournament Schedule:
List Two References: (Swing Coach, Mentor, High School Coach, Other)
- Jeff Thurman Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Relationship: UJGA Director
- Rick Mears Email: email@example.com Relationship: Club Head Proffessional