11/24: Player Development Tip – Get Motivated! If you are not gaining momentum and energy you are doing this all wrong!
There is about 35 days left in 2019! What will you do with this time to get better and get ready for 2020? How good do you want to be? What are your short and long term goals?
- Every player needs a plan
- Every player needs to see what could happen if the plan is executed
- Every player needs a support system
- Every player needs MOTIVATION! Energy is KEY!
- Are you hanging around MOTIVATING PEOPLE? or are you being dragged down? Ask yourself this question and change your situation for the better…. It will make the biggest difference!
I am constantly checking in with my students and asking questions at the start of each lesson. These questions usually sound something like:
- What’s the latest?
- What do you have coming up?
- What are you working towards?
These give me an idea of where is this student at mentally:
- What are they focused on?
- Are they on track?
- Are they just going through the motions?
So back to my point about END YOUR YEAR STRONG AND GET MOTIVATED PEOPLE!…
- Establish your goals
- Set your tournament schedule
- Get your butt in the gym
- Tell your support team what you are working towards
Golf Specific Areas to Always be Working On and Getting Sharper:
- Short Putts
- Lag Putts
- Pitching and Chipping
- Distance Control with Wedges
- Pre Shot Routine Practice
- Breathing Technique
- My #1 – Gaining Confidence in Golf and More Importantly Throughout All Areas of your life!
- Get Motivated! If you are not gaining momentum and energy you are doing this all wrong!
Thanks for reading!
Chris Smeal, PGA
2019 SCPGA Player Development Award Winner