Welcome to the Future Champions Golf Academy with headquarters located at
Stadium Golf Center in San Diego, CA. The Academy is operated by Chris Smeal, PGA Member
and Award-Winning Golf Coach.
- Proud to have over 140 Students Earn College Golf Scholarships so far
- Coaching Awards and Learn More About Chris and His Coaching Philosophy
- Questions? Call 619.339.2377 or Email Us
- Group Programs are not currently being offered. Join Email List
- Coach Now Technology: Chris uses Coach Now Technology to house all student’s videos and lesson notes.
- ThrivSports is the Academy Technology provider for online lesson bookings.
- Strength and Fitness Training Program with Jake Glaze Fitness – Get Started
- Foresight Technology: Access to 10 Launch Monitors at Stadium Golf Center.
- Stat Tracking: Are you tracking your stats? One of the most important keys to player development is understanding your golf game better and to analyze your game like a PGA/ LPGA Tour Player. The Stat Sheet I use will help you become a better player.
- Award Winning Club Fitting Services – Learn More
- Goal Setting: How do you crush your goals? Fill out this form even if you aren’t my student
More Ways To Get Involved and Start Playing Better Golf:
- I would love to hear your golf story. Tell Me Your Story Here
- Access Chris’s Daily Tips during the first months of Covid-19.
- Podcasts with Chris
- Instagram Live Chats to make you a better player and a better golf parent.
- San Diego not convenient? – Online Coaching and Face Time Lessons Available
- Order Chris’s Tournament Players Manual
- 5 Free Tips for Junior Golfers
- Watch Chris’s Students on Instagram
- Visit www.chrissmeal.com
- Connect on Linked In
Private Coaching Rates:
- $100 for 30-Minutes Non FCG Members / $75 for FCG Members
- $200 for 60-Minutes Non FCG Members / $150 for FCG Members
- Packages: $1500 for 10 Hours for Non FCG Members / $1250 for FCG Members (Most Popular)
- Click Here to Become a FCG Member and Take Advantage of Member Discounts
TRAIN YOUR GAME – TRAIN YOUR MIND – A PROVEN FORMULA FOR SUCCESS
Recent News and Headlines:
- 1/4: Zihao Jin finishes 4th place at Saguaro Amateur Championship at -8. He had a bogey free 66 in round 2.
- 12/17: Easton Phillips wins the 2020 San Diego Amateur presented by AmateurGolf.com at Aviara Golf Club
- 12/15: FCG Academy to add New State of the Art Short Game Training Facility in Poway, CA for additional coaching opportunities. Stay tuned for more information.
- 12/12: Chris Smeal receives SCPGA Youth Player Development Award Video
- 11/15: Zihao Jin wins the Coronado City Amateur Championship with 68-73
- 10/18: Crista Izuzquiza wins AJGA Utah Championship in record fashion. -14 for two days (-9 round 1 and followed up with a -5)
- 10/18: Melanie Reyes shoots final round -2 at SDJGA Event at Rancho Bernardo Inn for the low round of the day
- 10/15: Justin Vrzich and partner Danny Kim qualify for the USGA Four-Ball Championship
- 10/10: Joey Vrzich finishes in 3rd place in first collegiate event of the Pepperdine Fall Season on Golden State Tour
- 8/31: Chris Smeal named 2020 SCPGA Youth Player Development Award Winner
- 8/30: Santiago Ulloa winning multiple events on FCG and US Kids Tours and won the Grand Golf Club Championship.
- 8/1: Joey Vrzich wins the 109th California Amateur Championship
- 7/26: Mikayla Fitzpatrick wins FCG Collegiate Series Championship at Arrowood GC
- 2/25: Hannah Jugar wins 2nd Collegiate Event as a Freshman
- 2/20: Justin Vrzich finishes T1st in Collegiate Event
- 2/20: Joey Vrzich finishes 6th in Prestige Collegiate Event
- 1/20: Inigo Izuzquiza shoots 68 to qualify for the Monday Farmers Insurance Open Qualifier as a 15 Year Old
- 11/26: Chris Smeal recognized as Top Teacher in California by Golf Digest and will receive 2019 SCPGA Player Development Award on Sunday December 8
- 11/24: Yuki Moriyama makes 11 birdies and shoots 63 in final round of FCG Las Vegas Tournament
- 11/15: 11 Students sign National Letter of Intents to Play Collegiate Golf
- 11/14: Crista Izuzquiza finishes 3rd place in California State High School Championship at Poppy Hills after 2nd place finish at Southern California Regional
- 11/10: Inigo Izuzquiza wins FCG La Costa
Improve Your Junior Golf Game and College Golf Game
Located at Stadium Golf Center in San Diego, CA the Future Champions Golf Academy was developed in 2004 by PGA Teaching Professional Chris Smeal to become the leading junior golf training facility in San Diego. Quickly after early success training junior golfers the FCG Academy grew as players were seeing remarkable improvement and winning competitions throughout Southern California. Today (2019) the FCG Academy is open to all levels of junior golfers, college players, and adults and we are proud of the over 130 College Golf Scholarships our students have earned. If you want to get better at golf give us a try.
“There is another great instructor that CREATES great players… Perhaps more than any other instructor in the US. Many coaches have good players come to them after they are good. That is easy… Chris Smeal in San Diego CREATES GREAT PLAYERS! ” – Ian Gilligan
What we will do for you:
- Build Confidence in Every Aspect of Your Game
- Improve the Technical Skills in All Areas of Your Game
- Improve your Mindset and Mental Game
- Improve your Practice Schedule
- Create the Optimal Tournament Preparation System for You
- Set up the Most Strategic Tournament Schedule Based on Your Personal Goals
- Obtain Amazing Results While Having Fun – We are all about Life Balance
- We have private and group training available 5 days a week to help you play your best golf.
New student questionnaire: Click here to fill out and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Long Time FCG Academy Student (since age 13) – Mikayla Fitzpatrick wins 2019 Big East Collegiate Conference Championship and maintains her #1 College Golf Ranking
- Students By the Numbers:
- 130 College Golf Scholarships | 24 USGA Qualifiers | 27 AJGA Champions | 32 FCG World Series Champions | 2 US Kids World Champions | 1 FCG Hall of Fame Player | 11 College Golf Victories | 1 59 | 1 #1 Ranked Player in Division 1 Men’s College Golf | 1 Optimist International Victory | 1 Top 10 in US Amateur Championship | View Alumni
- Current Students Include: (as of 6/25/2019)
- #1 Ranked Men’s Division 1 Mountain West Player (College Golf) – 6 Years Training Here
- #1 Ranked Women’s Division 1 Big East Player and Big East Women’s Conference Champion (College Golf) – 8 Years Training Here
- #1 Ranked FCG Callaway World Series Boys 15-18 Player – 5 Years Training Here
- #1 Ranked SDJGA Girls Championship Division Player – 5 Years Training Here
- #1 Ranked Player in Nevada on National Junior Golf Scoreboard
- 2018 FCG National Championship and 2018 Optimist International Champion – 5 Years Training Here
- 95th Ranked Amateur in the World – 6 Years Training Here
- 22 College Players, Numerous Top Ranked Junior Golfers, Rising Professionals, and more train here
- Current Students: Student Only Webpage | Buy Academy Swag
Our founder Chris Smeal, PGA coaches 4 days a week mostly to elite junior golfers and college players but his schedule is open online first come first serve by appointment to anyone who wants to learn. Chris is an award winning instructor including 2018 Golf Digest Best Young Teacher in America, Golf Digest Top Teacher in California from 2013-2018, FCG Top 25 Elite Coach, US Kids Master Coach, 2018 SDPGA Player Development Award, and Golf Range Magazine Top 50 Growth of the Game Coach in the USA. Chris is most proud of his ability to connect with students and get them to a level they never even considered possible. “My passion is to help you play better golf, crush your goals, become a more confident person, and put a blueprint for success in your life that will help you in whatever you choose to do. I look forward to helping you.” – Chris Smeal
Schedule an Appointment with Chris
“Chris makes golf seem so simple! When I am playing well which I am a lot more now I only have to think of a couple things and I get big time results. The past few years has been amazing! I also like how Chris gets on me when I need it and then gets me back to having fun when I need it. His ability is special, unlike anything I experienced with other coaches I worked with in the past.” – Happy Student
“A lot of the time really good players start going down the wrong road in search of perfection. When you understand your game, your mechanics, how to score, how to adjust your swing and feels to change the flight, and when you finally get out of your own way mentally… you can really let the magic happen! ” – Chris Smeal
Coach Brian Kelley leads our Junior Golf Group Class program and hosts 4 days of classes in the weekday afternoons and on Saturday mornings. He also hosts an amazing Short Game School on Saturday afternoons. Brian played college golf at Oregon State University and at Fresno State University. Brian won the San Diego CIF High School Tournament when he was a senior in high school. He continues to play in competitive events while growing as a golf instructor.
- Check out one of Brian’s student’s improved swings! View Here
Brian is coaching all aspects of the game including etiquette, life skills, and rules of golf during his classes.
Start Group Training – Online Registration Available Here or Call or Text Coach Brian at 858-213-8906
Recent Student News: (Follow chrissmealgolf on Instagram for up to date news)
Articles from our Academy: How Vrzich became one of the Nation’s Best College Golfers / April finds her voice / Vrzich Wins / Mickelson – Modelo / Golfweek Article – Nevada Men’s Golf / Heimler to Play with the Pros at Pebble Beach / Vrzich rise in College Rankings / Podcasts
- Yuki Moriyama wins the 12th Annual FCG National Championship with a -15 record total! Rounds of 66-70-65!
- Joey Vrzich wins again in Division 1 College Event with 14 Under Par!
- Stephanie Heimler competes with the Pro’s on the PGA Tour Champions Tour at Pebble Beach 9/28/2018
- Joey Vrzich wins first College Event in Michigan with a 13 under par total including a final round 65 with a 30 on the back 9. Jack Geise wins his first College Tournament with rounds of 71-71 for St. Bonaventure.
- Yuki Moriyama for winning the 2018 Optimist International Junior Golf Championship and making it to the quarterfinals of the US Junior Amateur Championship!
- Joey Vrzich for qualifying for the US Amateur again after last year finishing T9 out of over 8,000
- Zihao Jin for finishing 5th at the California State Amateur Championship
- Crista Izuzquiza medalist at AJGA Event
- Daniel Kim for qualifying for US Open Sectionals and then committing to play college golf at CSU San Marcos
- and to the Senior Class of Students who will start their Freshman year of College – Congratulations on a great junior golf career and now let’s dominate the College Ranks!
- Practicing and Training at Stadium Golf Center
- We encourage all of our students to train and practice next to our Teaching Area on the top right side of the range to create a fun environment for player development, practice with other kids, etc. All FCG Members receive 50% off range balls and short game area and discounts on pro shop merchandise. Join FCG Today
“I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else to caddy for me. Coach Chris and I were a perfect team and will continue to be a perfect team throughout my golfing career. He taught me how to deal with pressure and to think and execute in the moment not in the past or future. So I am thankful for coach Chris!” – Joey Vrzich