Welcome to the Future Champions Golf Academy located at Stadium Golf Center in San Diego, CA.
Our founder Chris Smeal, PGA coaches 4 days a week mostly to elite junior golfers and college players but his schedule is open online first come first serve by appointment to anyone who wants to learn. Chris is an award winning instructor including 2018 Golf Digest Best Young Teacher in America, Golf Digest Top Teacher in California from 2013-2020, FCG Top 25 Elite Junior Coach, US Kids Master Coach, 2019 SCPGA Player Development Award and 2020 SCPGA Youth Player Development Award, and Golf Range Magazine Top 50 Growth of the Game Coach in the USA. Chris is most proud of his ability to connect with students and get them to a level they never even considered possible.
“My passion is to help you play better golf, crush your goals, become a more confident person, and put a blueprint for success in your life that will help you in whatever you choose to do. I look forward to helping you.” – Chris Smeal
- Proud to have over 150 Students Earn College Golf Scholarships so far
- Coaching Awards and Learn More About Chris and His Coaching Philosophy
- Questions? Call 619.339.2377 or Email Us
NEW!!! – Chris has opened a State of the Art Short Game Facility in Poway for a second facility for short game coaching. Here are some images of the facility. These sessions cannot be booked online and must be scheduled with Chris directly. Follow Smeal Short Game Course on Instagram here.
- Group Programs are not currently being offered. Join Email List
- Coach Now Technology: Chris uses Coach Now Technology to house all student’s videos and lesson notes. An account will be set up for you at your first session.
- Flightscope Technology now available at Coaching Sessions with Chris at both Stadium Golf Center and Smeal Short Game Course.
- ThrivSports is the Academy Technology provider for online lesson bookings.
- Strength and Fitness Training Program with Jake Glaze Fitness – Get Started
- Foresight Technology: Access to 10 Launch Monitors at Stadium Golf Center.
- Stat Tracking: Are you tracking your stats? One of the most important keys to player development is understanding your golf game better and to analyze your game like a PGA/ LPGA Tour Player. The Stat Sheet I use will help you become a better player.
- Award Winning Club Fitting Services – Learn More
- Goal Setting: How do you crush your goals? Fill out this form even if you aren’t my student
More Ways To Get Involved and Start Playing Better Golf:
- Podcasts with Chris
- Instagram Live Chats to make you a better player and a better golf parent.
- San Diego not convenient? – Online Coaching and Face Time Lessons Available
- Order Chris’s Tournament Players Manual
- 5 Free Tips for Junior Golfers
- Watch Chris’s Students on Instagram
- Visit www.chrissmeal.com
- Connect on Linked In
Private Coaching Rates:
- 30-Minute Session at Stadium GC or Smeal Short Game Course: $100 for Non FCG Members / $75 for FCG Members
- 60-Minute Session at Stadium GC or Smeal Short Game Course: $200 for Non FCG Members / $150 for FCG Members
- Packages: $1500 for 10 Hours for Non FCG Members / $1250 for FCG Members
- Full Day Coaching: $1500/ Day plus travel expenses if out of the area
- On-Course Playing Lessons: $300 for 9-Holes/ $550 for 18-Holes (can be split with up to 3 students)
- Click Here to Become a FCG Member and Take Advantage of Member Discounts
TRAIN YOUR GAME – TRAIN YOUR MIND – A PROVEN FORMULA FOR SUCCESS
Recent News and Headlines:
- 9/14: Hannah Jugar wins her 8th College Tournament at Olivas Links with final round 67!
- 9/14: Kaila Higgins shoots 69 in College Tournament. Her first competitive round in the 60’s!
- 9/11: Chris Smeal wins 19th Annual Smeal Invitational with 70-73.
- 9/11: Mikayla Fitzpatrick wins her first Professional Tournament on the Cactus Tour
- 8/27: Zihao Jin shoots -7 at Korn Ferry Pre Qualifying to Advance to 1st Stage
- 8/26: Annika Yturralde commits to play college golf at Creighton University
- 7/13: Daniel Lyne shoots 68 at Encinitas Ranch in FCG Global Cup Championship
- 7/1: Melanie Reyes commits to play at Biola University this Fall
- 6/30: Sofia Torres wins the Sombrero Open and Qualifies for the IMG Junior World Championship
- 5/15: Hannah Jugar wins her 4th, 5th. 6th. and 7th College Event this Spring
- 5/1: Kaila Higgins qualifies for the D3 National Championship
- 1/27: Zihao Jin fires 70 in final round of Southwestern Invitational Collegiate Event featured on Golf Channel and helps his team with the Win in the first event of the 2021 season. Joey Vrzich finishes T9th with an impressive 67 in round 2 for Pepperdine.
- 1/4: Zihao Jin finishes 4th place at Saguaro Amateur Championship at -8. He had a bogey free 66 in round 2.
- 12/17: Easton Phillips wins the 2020 San Diego Amateur presented by AmateurGolf.com at Aviara Golf Club
- 12/15: FCG Academy to add New State of the Art Short Game Training Facility in Poway, CA for additional coaching opportunities. Stay tuned for more information.
- 12/12: Chris Smeal receives SCPGA Youth Player Development Award Video
- 11/15: Zihao Jin wins the Coronado City Amateur Championship with 68-73
- 10/18: Crista Izuzquiza wins AJGA Utah Championship in record fashion. -14 for two days (-9 round 1 and followed up with a -5)
- 10/18: Melanie Reyes shoots final round -2 at SDJGA Event at Rancho Bernardo Inn for the low round of the day
- 10/15: Justin Vrzich and partner Danny Kim qualify for the USGA Four-Ball Championship
- 10/10: Joey Vrzich finishes in 3rd place in first collegiate event of the Pepperdine Fall Season on Golden State Tour
- 8/31: Chris Smeal named 2020 SCPGA Youth Player Development Award Winner
- 8/30: Santiago Ulloa winning multiple events on FCG and US Kids Tours and won the Grand Golf Club Championship.
- 8/1: Joey Vrzich wins the 109th California Amateur Championship
- 7/26: Mikayla Fitzpatrick wins FCG Collegiate Series Championship at Arrowood GC
- 2/25: Hannah Jugar wins 2nd Collegiate Event as a Freshman
- 2/20: Justin Vrzich finishes T1st in Collegiate Event
- 2/20: Joey Vrzich finishes 6th in Prestige Collegiate Event
- 1/20: Inigo Izuzquiza shoots 68 to qualify for the Monday Farmers Insurance Open Qualifier as a 15 Year Old
- 11/26: Chris Smeal recognized as Top Teacher in California by Golf Digest and will receive 2019 SCPGA Player Development Award on Sunday December 8
- 11/24: Yuki Moriyama makes 11 birdies and shoots 63 in final round of FCG Las Vegas Tournament
- 11/15: 11 Students sign National Letter of Intents to Play Collegiate Golf
- 11/14: Crista Izuzquiza finishes 3rd place in California State High School Championship at Poppy Hills after 2nd place finish at Southern California Regional
- 11/10: Inigo Izuzquiza wins FCG La Costa
“I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else to caddy for me. Coach Chris and I were a perfect team and will continue to be a perfect team throughout my golfing career. He taught me how to deal with pressure and to think and execute in the moment not in the past or future. So I am thankful for coach Chris!” – Joey Vrzich