Located at Stadium Golf Center in San Diego, CA the Future Champions Golf Academy was developed in 2004 by PGA Teaching Professional Chris Smeal to become the leading junior golf training facility in San Diego. Quickly after early success training junior golfers the FCG Academy grew as players were seeing remarkable improvement and winning competitions throughout Southern California. Today (2019) the FCG Academy is open to all levels of junior golfers, college players, and adults and we are proud of the over 120 College Golf Scholarships our students have earned. Email Us: email@example.com or Call 844-324-2377.
We have private and group training available 5 days a week to serve your needs.
New student questionnaire: Click here to fill out and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Our founder Chris Smeal, PGA coaches 4 days a week mostly to elite junior golfers and college players but his schedule is open online first come first serve by appointment to anyone who wants to learn. Chris is an award winning instructor including 2018 Golf Digest Best Young Teacher in America, Golf Digest Top Teacher in California from 2013-2018, FCG Top 25 Elite Coach, US Kids Master Coach, 2018 SDPGA Player Development Award, and Golf Range Magazine Top 50 Growth of the Game Coach in the USA. Chris is most proud of his ability to connect with students and get them to a level they never even considered possible. “My passion is to help you play better golf, crush your goals, become a more confident person, and put a blueprint for success in your life that will help you in whatever you choose to do. I look forward to helping you.” – Chris Smeal
Schedule an Appointment with Chris
“Chris makes golf seem so simple! When I am playing well which I am a lot more now I only have to think of a couple things and I get big time results. The past few years has been amazing! I also like how Chris gets on me when I need it and then gets me back to having fun when I need it. His ability is special, unlike anything I experienced with other coaches I worked with in the past.” – Happy Student
“A lot of the time really good players start going down the wrong road in search of perfection. When you understand your game, your mechanics, how to score, how to adjust your swing and feels to change the flight, and when you finally get out of your own way mentally… you can really let the magic happen! ” – Chris Smeal
- Students By the Numbers:
- 120 College Golf Scholarships | 23 USGA Qualifiers | 26 AJGA Champions | 32 FCG World Series Champions | 2 US Kids World Champions | 1 FCG Hall of Fame Player | 11 College Golf Victories | 1 59 | 1 #1 Ranked Player in Division 1 Men’s College Golf | 1 Optimist International Victory | 1 Top 10 in US Amateur Championship | View Alumni
- Current Students Include: (as of 1/13/2019)
- #1 Ranked Men’s Division 1 Mountain West Player (College Golf) – 6 Years Training Here
- #1 Ranked Women’s Division 1 Big East Player (College Golf) – 8 Years Training Here
- #1 Ranked FCG Callaway World Series Boys 15-18 Player – 5 Years Training Here
- #1 Ranked SDJGA Girls Championship Division Player – 5 Years Training Here
- #1 Ranked Player in Nevada on National Junior Golf Scoreboard
- 2018 FCG National Championship and 2018 Optimist International Champion – 5 Years Training Here
- 95th Ranked Amateur in the World – 6 Years Training Here
- 22 College Players, Numerous Top Ranked Junior Golfers, Rising Professionals, and more train here
- Track Chris’s Students on Instagram
- Order Chris’s Tournament Players Manual – A Must Have for Every Golfer
- Playing Lessons (Course Management Training and an Amazing Game Changing Experience)
- Online Coaching Now Available
- Click here for 5 Free Tips for Junior Golfers
- Current Students: Student Only Webpage | Buy Academy Swag
Coach Brian Kelley leads our Junior Golf Group Class program and hosts 4 days of classes in the weekday afternoons and on Saturday mornings. He also hosts an amazing Short Game School on Saturday afternoons. Brian played college golf at Oregon State University and at Fresno State University. Brian won the San Diego CIF High School Tournament when he was a senior in high school. He continues to play in competitive events while growing as a golf instructor.
- Check out one of Brian’s student’s improved swings! View Here
Brian is coaching all aspects of the game including etiquette, life skills, and rules of golf during his classes.
Start Group Training – Online Registration Available Here or Call or Text Coach Brian at 858-213-8906
Coach Natalie Vivaldi is a former Collegiate Golf Standout at San Diego State University and just finished a year competing on the LPGA Symmetra Tour has joined our Academy in Fall 2018 and is now available for private lessons on weekends and hosts two 2-Hour Sunday Programs (Girls Only Advanced Class and a Strictly Short Game Program).
- Natalie’s High School Girls students just finished 1st and 2nd place in the East County San Diego High School Match Play Championship! They played each other in the final match! Congrats to Annika and Carissa!
Recent Student News: (Follow chrissmealgolf on Instagram for up to date news)
Articles from our Academy: How Vrzich became one of the Nation’s Best College Golfers / April finds her voice / Vrzich Wins / Mickelson – Modelo / Golfweek Article – Nevada Men’s Golf / Heimler to Play with the Pros at Pebble Beach / Vrzich rise in College Rankings / Podcasts
- Yuki Moriyama wins the 12th Annual FCG National Championship with a -15 record total! Rounds of 66-70-65!
- Joey Vrzich wins again in Division 1 College Event with 14 Under Par!
- Stephanie Heimler competes with the Pro’s on the PGA Tour Champions Tour at Pebble Beach 9/28/2018
- Joey Vrzich wins first College Event in Michigan with a 13 under par total including a final round 65 with a 30 on the back 9. Jack Geise wins his first College Tournament with rounds of 71-71 for St. Bonaventure.
- Yuki Moriyama for winning the 2018 Optimist International Junior Golf Championship and making it to the quarterfinals of the US Junior Amateur Championship!
- Joey Vrzich for qualifying for the US Amateur again after last year finishing T9 out of over 8,000
- Zihao Jin for finishing 5th at the California State Amateur Championship
- Crista Izuzquiza medalist at AJGA Event
- Daniel Kim for qualifying for US Open Sectionals and then committing to play college golf at CSU San Marcos
- and to the Senior Class of Students who will start their Freshman year of College – Congratulations on a great junior golf career and now let’s dominate the College Ranks!
- Practicing and Training at Stadium Golf Center
- We encourage all of our students to train and practice next to our Teaching Area on the top right side of the range to create a fun environment for player development, practice with other kids, etc. All FCG Members receive 50% off range balls and short game area and discounts on pro shop merchandise. Join FCG Today
Watch 30 Minute On-Course Video Lesson with Coach Chris Smeal and his student Zihao Jin who after this session finished in 5th place in the 107th California Amateur Championship. Chris has coached Zihao since age 12 and Zihao won 40 events as a junior golfer including AJGA events, the FCG International, the FCG Callaway World Championship, and the FCG National Championship.
“I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else to caddy for me. Coach Chris and I were a perfect team and will continue to be a perfect team throughout my golfing career. He taught me how to deal with pressure and to think and execute in the moment not in the past or future. So I am thankful for coach Chris!” – Joey Vrzich