Located at Stadium Golf Center in San Diego, CA the Future Champions Golf Academy was developed in 2004 by PGA Teaching Professional Chris Smeal to become the leading junior golf training facility in San Diego. Quickly after early success training junior golfers the FCG Academy grew as players were seeing remarkable improvement and winning competitions throughout Southern California. Today (2018) the FCG Academy is open to all levels of junior golfers, college players, and adults and we are proud of the over 110 College Golf Scholarships our students have earned. We have private and group training available 5 days a week to serve your needs. Our founder Chris Smeal coaches 4 days a week mostly to elite junior golfers and college players but his schedule is open online first come first serve by appointment. Brian Kelley leads our Junior Golf Group Class program and hosts 4 days of classes in the weekday afternoons and on Saturday mornings. He also hosts an amazing Short Game School on Saturday afternoons. Coach Natalie Vivaldi is a former Collegiate Golf Standout and just finished a year competing on the LPGA Symmetra Tour has joined our Academy in Fall 2018 and is now available for private lessons on weekends and hosts two 2-Hour Sunday Programs (Girls Only Advanced Class and a Strictly Short Game Program). For more information please read below or contact us anytime at email@example.com or 844-324-2377.
We hope you enjoy your experience at our golf academy. Testimonials from parents / Chris Smeal Bio / Join FCG and Save
Articles from our Academy: How Vrzich became one of the Nation’s Best College Golfers / April finds her voice / Vrzich Wins / Mickelson – Modelo / Heimler to Play with the Pros at Pebble Beach / Vrzich rise in College Rankings / Podcasts
New student questionnaire: Click here to fill out and we will contact you as soon as possible.
- Programs we offer and how to get started:
- Private Golf Lessons, Coaching, and Mentoring
- Book Online here for a lesson with Coach Chris Smeal
- Call 858-213-8906 to schedule a lesson with Coach Brian Kelley
- Call Natalie to schedule a lesson at 760-305-3697
- Playing Lessons (Course Management Training and an Amazing Game Changing Experience)
- Remote Coaching Now Available with Chris Smeal
- If you do not live near us this is your chance to train with us online and get access to many of the tools and concepts that have helped our players succeed.
- Junior Golf Group Class Schedule at Stadium Golf Center (Start Anytime)
- Tuesdays: 5-6pm and 6:15-7:15pm – Get Started
- Wednesdays: 5-6pm and 6:15-7:15pm – Get Started
- Wednesdays 4-5pm: FCG Mad Skills Junior Golf Training Class – Coming Soon
- Wednesdays 5-7pm: Flightscope Training Classes with Coach Vince – Coming Soon
- Thursdays: 5-6pm and 6:15-7:15pm – Get Started
- Saturdays: 9-10am and 10:15-11:15am – Get Started / High School Training 11:30am-12:30pm – Sign Up
- Sundays: Golf Programs Now Available with Coach Natalie Starting October 7th
9am-11am – Girls Only Golf Camp – $60
11:15am-1:15pm – Strictly Short Game Training – $60
Contact Natalie to register at 760-305-3697
- Order Chris’s Tournament Players Manual – A Must Have for Every Golfer
- Current Students: Student Only Webpage | Buy Academy Swag
- Private Golf Lessons, Coaching, and Mentoring
- Recent Student News: (FOLLOW chrissmealgolf on Instagram for more)
- Joey Vrzich wins again in Division 1 College Event with 14 Under Par!
- Stephanie Heimler competes with the Pro’s on the PGA Tour Champions Tour at Pebble Beach 9/28/2018
- Joey Vrzich wins first College Event in Michigan with a 13 under par total including a final round 65 with a 30 on the back 9. Jack Geise wins his first College Tournament with rounds of 71-71 for St. Bonaventure.
- Yuki Moriyama for winning the 2018 Optimist International Junior Golf Championship and making it to the quarterfinals of the US Junior Amateur Championship!
- Joey Vrzich for qualifying for the US Amateur again after last year finishing T9 out of over 8,000
- Zihao Jin for finishing 5th at the California State Amateur Championship
- Crista Izuzquiza medalist at AJGA Event
- Daniel Kim for qualifying for US Open Sectionals and then committing to play college golf at CSU San Marcos
- and to the Senior Class of Students who will start their Freshman year of College – Congratulations on a great junior golf career and now let’s dominate the College Ranks!
- Click here for 5 FREE TIPS for JUNIOR GOLFERS!
- Practicing and Training at Stadium Golf Center
- We encourage all of our students to train and practice next to our Teaching Area on the top right side of the range to create a fun environment for player development, practice with other kids, etc. All FCG Members receive 50% off range balls and short game area and discounts on pro shop merchandise. Join FCG Today
- Chris Smeal – Golf Digest Top Teacher in CA – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Chris Smeal – Golf Range Top Teaching Professional in USA – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Over 100 College Golf Scholarships Earned
- Former Students that grew up in Chris’s program have played in the final match of the NCAA Division 1 Finals for both the Men’s and Women’s (Both were televised on Golf Channel)
- Coaching and developed the #1 Ranked Player in Men’s Division 1 College Golf Rankings (9/17/2018)
- Over 450 Tournament Victories by Students and one 59 scored at Rams Hill
- Student finished 9th place in 2017 US Amateur Championship (Over 8,000 Participants and televised on Fox Sports)
- 26 AJGA Champions | 31 FCG World Series Champions | 2 US Kids World Champions | 1 FCG Hall of Fame Player
- FCG Master Top 25 Elite Junior Coach in USA | US Kids Master Instructor in USA
Watch 30 Minute On-Course Video Lesson with Coach Chris Smeal and his student Zihao Jin who after this session finished in 5th place in the 107th California Amateur Championship. Chris has coached Zihao since age 12 and Zihao won 40 events as a junior golfer including AJGA events, the FCG International, the FCG Callaway World Championship, and the FCG National Championship.
“I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else to caddy for me. Coach chris and I were a perfect team and will continue to be a perfect team throughout my golfing career. He taught me how to deal with pressure and to think and execute in the moment not in the past or future. So I am thankful for coach chris!” – Joey Vrzich